This course is not active.
Interprofessional stroke education providing evidenced based information regarding the care of the patient ... show more
- Discuss stroke center concepts, including the stroke continuum of care and how stroke centers ad neuroscience hospital units fit and function.
- Discuss the components of a dedicated neuroscience unit.
List diagnostic tests, consults, and monitoring appropriate for a patient with a stroke.
- Discuss the role of the interprofessional team in relation to stroke patient care.
- Document required discharge planning with social workers or case managers including required nursing discharge documentation.
- List the required assessments for all stroke patients.
MedStar Washington Hospital Center